Thursday, March 30, 2017

Creative Process + Dream Art Supplies




"The creative process is not like a situation where you get struck by a single lightning bolt. You have ongoing discoveries, and there's ongoing creative revelations. Yes, it's really helpful to be marching toward a specific destination, but, along the way, you must allow yourself room for your ideas to blossom, take root, and grow." -Carlton Cuse

I've been learning a new creative process over the past week with my new iPad and Apple Pencil (dream art supplies!). Let me just say my poor sketchbook is lonely! I'm amazed at what I can create, and how quickly, with them. 

I've been playing around with a new technique I learned that I used in the floral motifs up there, and in this lettering...


I am really loving the smoky, etherial effect. 

I'm also having fun replicating my usual pen and paper lettering...


The Apple Pencil is truly amazing...I didn't expect it to be so similar to using pen and paper but it really is.

I also created my first pattern using it...


I could seriously create ALL day!

Hope you're having a good week friends and follow me over on Instagram if you want to get a daily peek at my illustrations!

XO,

signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...