Sunday, May 10, 2015

{happy mother's day}


Searching for a quote to doodle this morning, this Mary Oliver one stuck out to me as a symbol of what motherhood has been for me. Pretty much every second of being a mother has been made up of the unimaginable. 

I couldn't have planned for how it would feel, how it would change me. 

And each season of their lives brings new joys and anxieties. Right now we're in the losing teeth and learning about how their actions effect others season. Learning geometry and deciding what they want to be when they grow up season. But they still like to cuddle with their momma, and they ask me to sing them songs at bedtime. 

I hope this season stays awhile longer. 


Wishing a happy day to all who mother and do this unimaginably wonderful thing for another human being. 

XO,
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...