Friday, November 08, 2013

{raising a creative soul}


"Can I get this Mom?"

His hand stretched out, holding a small, black leather journal.

Benny and I were in the stationary aisle at TJ Maxx last night and he found a treasure that he absolutely couldn't live without.

"Let's tell Santa about it and maybe you'll get one in your stocking!" I told him.

Of course I wanted to throw that $3.99 gem into our cart and continue on our way, but I had to keep to our rule of "we're not buying any treats on this trip." Darn self-imposed parenting rules.

Of course I'll be heading back very quickly to snatch it up and put it away for "Santa" to give to him.

My heart fills to about bursting when he asks for items that foster and nurture his creativity. All parenting/budget rules are out the window for me when it comes to art supplies.

And the fact that he wants a journal?! Well just stick a fork in me.

This kid...


How did I get so lucky?

post signature

2 comments:

~julee~ said...

He's a lucky little guy to have such a nurturing mom!

Dee said...

Aaawww... that is so sweet. Hearing that brings back so many memories for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...