Saturday, October 13, 2012

{family room update}


A few weeks ago I shared with you the awesome vintage chair my mother-in-law found for me at a local consignment shop. It was a great addition to our family room, and created a cozy little sitting/reading nook in what was an empty space before. I had plans to do a gallery wall of sorts above the chair and as usual I didn't stick to my original plan. But I love how it turned out.

Wanna see? :)


I shopped the house for everything...a mix of family photos, a fun green frame, DIY photo canvas and a vintage drying rack. I added a yarn and pinecone garland for a touch of fall...


On the tray, I added two flameless candles, a fun clock from Target and some good fall reading...


I love how the space came together...it is a perfect mix of vintage, comfy and modern...


I am still so giddy over this chair...such an amazing find. 

And speaking of amazing finds...if you follow me on FB or Instagram you saw the great midcentury desk I scored for $15...yes...$15!


It still needs some accessorizing so it isn't quite blog-worthy yet, but I just had to show you! And seriously...$15!!!

Do you have any thrifted finds in your home that make your heart skip a beat?

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...