Saturday, August 25, 2012

{the best part of life}


The LORD is my strength and my shield;
 my heart trusts in him, 
and he helps me. 
My heart leaps for joy, 
and with my song I praise him.
-Psalm 28:7

This past week provided some valuable lessons in trust for me. In times of uncertainty, of fear, of anxiety, it is tempting to worry and to think of the "what if's". I have been guilty of that on many occasions, but this week I worked very hard to have faith that things would work out in God's time and in His way.

Benny came down with a horrible cold earlier in the week.
We ended up in the doctor's office on Tuesday with the words pneumonia,
x-ray and hospital coming out of the doctor's mouth.
and a breathing treatment on the spot...


I would be lying if I said I didn't have some fear, worry
and anxiety in that moment.

But our doctor is SO wonderful. He calmed my fears and assured me that the breathing treatments would open up his airways and bring back the goofy, lovable Benny that was hidden underneath the wheezing and coughing.

I saw God in our doctor that day.

On Thursday it was time for preschool, but Ben wasn't quite ready to go back. Landon decided that he wanted to go by himself which made me proud and anxious all at the same time.

He was 100% excited...


So I buried my fear under a smile that matched his,
and trusted that he would be OK.

...my heart trusts in him, 
and he helps me.

After I shed a few tears walking back to the car, I felt an immense sense of joy and pride that I had raised this independent and confident boy. That he felt secure enough, brave enough to be left on his own.

My heart leaps for joy, 
and with my song I praise him.

Knowing that I can trust in God in these difficult and scary times is one of the best parts of life.

Has your trust in God been tested this past week?
Leave a comment below and let's encourage each other!

post signature




4 comments:

Erin Southwell said...

Awesome post, Mandy! I think that the fact I have so little trust in myself (lol)makes it easier to trust in God because I'm so desperate for Him. Left to my own devices, I would be a wreck.

Praying that Ben is feeling better!

Jen said...

I love this post! My trust in God is being tested as we prepare for the tropical storm that's on it's way. I'm praying and trusting in God that it will be ok!

Mrs. H said...

Being unemployed for the last three months has really tested my trust in God. I found myself a number of times trying to go about things in my own way, but ultimatly have found myself encouraging my husband (and myself) to just "Trust in Him!" Thanks for this post! It is helpful to see that I am not the only one who faces these struggles!

still being [molly] said...

God puts us through tests and trials to test our faith in Him. and grow in our Faith in Him. it can be so hard but so rewarding! so glad your little one is okay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...