Monday, July 30, 2012

{random olympics observations}


If you are friends with me on Facebook, you have already read my ramblings about random Olympics related things, but I thought for fun I would share them here too.

1...

As a crafty gal who loves fun fonts, the first thing I noticed when we switched on the Olympics was this...


That font.

Really?!

They might as well of used papyrus or comic sans. Both of which are used on this awesome frozen yogurt sign...


{Apparently I'm not the only one that is confused by their choice of font.}

2...

I find it really hard to take the men's water polo players seriously when they have those cute little bows tied under their chins...


Couldn't they use snaps or velcro on those things?

And do you think they tied each other's?

{Thanks to my hubby for that funny mental picture. According to him it would be too hard to tie your own.}

3...

I can't watch women's gymnastics without being reminded of one of my all time favorite SNL skits...

 




You said a little prayer?! That is SOOO sweet!

Perfect for a Monday morning laugh. :)

But seriously, it has been fun watching the games with our boys. I think their favorites so far have been the synchronized diving and gymnastics. What is your favorite sport to watch?

post signature




4 comments:

Shannon said...

I have been saying the SAME thing about the font. It's AWFUL, it looks like a 10year old swim meet at the YMCA, not the OLYMPICS!

lauren@warmandfuzzy said...

Very funny about the font...I thought the exact same thing...very boring and plain!

Never noticed the bow under the guys chin- but I will be sure to point it out for hubs to ensure a good laugh!!

Jen said...

I noticed the font too. And I don't understand the logo either!

still being [molly] said...

hahahahahah i LOVE that SNL skit! now you have ME laughing at work!! love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...