Sunday, March 11, 2012

{weekend fun}

The boys are at such a fun age right now. Almost 4. Curious about everything. Developing their own unique personalities and interests. The weekend with them are my most favorite time right now. I wish every weekend was three days long like this one has been.

We took a little family trip to a nearby shopping center on Friday that had a Toys R Us. Talk about sensory overload! Ben picked out a new Chuggington train, and Landon snagged a pirate dress-up kit, complete with telescope and sword. Arrrggghhh matey!


Ben got in on the pirate action when we got home...love this photo of my handsome Captain Hook...


Yesterday morning we made muffins and Landon told me about something really important...can't remember what it was now. ;)


And last night we broke out our big paper roll and paints from IKEA.

This had to be one of my favorite activities yet with them...so much fun to see their creativity come out in the colors they chose and the shapes they drew. Landon came up with a pretty cool "smiley face"...


And Ben started off with some big color blobs...


We all did some hand prints...


And once the paper was full the boys found a different canvas...


It took a bubble bath AND a shower to wash off all of that artwork. :)

And here was their finished masterpiece...


Such a fun filled weekend and we still have a day to go!

post signature

4 comments:

misss_e said...

What fun!!!

Mrs. H said...

lol! I love that he's painting his self!!! & I love that you're letting him do that! You seem like such a great mommy! Glad you had a great weekend!

Denise said...

what a masterpiece! my kids are outgrowing painting. sad. goes too fast.

Kim said...

Oh how I miss those days! I can't believe how big the boys are getting. I first started following you on your blog right before they were born. Time flies. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...