Thursday, February 23, 2012

{quite an adventure}

I don't talk much about our cats on the blog, but for those of you who don't know, we have two furry members of the family. Melvin is our 11 year old orange tabby, and Chloe is a 5 1/2 year old Siamese.


They are indoor cats, but since we moved to this house, we started to let them venture outside a bit. Melvin always stays close to home, but Chloe tends to wander father away. 

On Saturday I let her outside around lunch time.

Fast forward to last night when she FINALLY came home!

Oh my goodness that cat about gave me a heart attack. I thought for sure that she had either been taken in by someone else {that is what I had hoped}, was lost somewhere outside or that the worst had happened {we don't need to go there}. I was completely prepared for her to never return, but last night, I opened the front door, and in she ran! And not a hair was out of place.

This was the best picture I could get of her...she was all over the place!


After hugging and squeezing on her for a few minutes I scolded her and asked her where she had been all that time. I sure wish she could tell me. Turns out that one of our neighbors is also missing their Siamese...a male. Before she came home last night I was picturing the two of them out together, like rebellious teenagers, hunting for mice and begging for food at random stranger's houses. I hope that their little guy comes home soon too!


Love that little girl of mine...and I'm glad to not be the only female in the house again!

post signature

2 comments:

DianeTaylor said...

Wow - what an adventure! I think Chloe is just beautiful, I'm so glad she came home and is safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

So glad she made it home okay! Wouldn't it be great to know what exactly she was up to while she was away? If only they could speak our language ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...