Saturday, November 12, 2011

{tis the season?}

 Please forgive me for what I'm about to talk about.

I just can't help myself.

I'm already into the Christmas spirit. Big.time.

It started when I spotted these two old friends at Walmart the other night...


Oh how I've missed them. I haven't broken in the candle yet, but let's just say the mint m&m's are mostly history.

And today I actually got a few Christmas gifts marked off my list. Mom #2 and I took the boys to our local Christmas Village, which is a huge craft fair at our fairgrounds. This year it did not disappoint...about 5 minutes in I had already oohed and ahhhed over quite a few lovely things.

My favorite buy of the day? Button.flowers. Yes...that's right...


Aren't they ADORABLE? Be still my heart. Anything with buttons grabs my attention and these were so darn cute. And $10 for 6 flowers with the vase? Sold.


I picked out colors that would go with our dining room, and for now I have them on our record player cabinet. I have a feeling they will make an appearance on the mantle sometime soon though.


And I'm super excited about the Christmas presents I purchased, which of course I can't share here in case a few special someones are reading. ;)


And I may or may not have listened to some Christmas music today.

But don't worry, I'm SUPER excited about Thanksgiving, and our tree will not go up until the day after turkey day.

So tell me, how excited are you about the holidays? Have you done any Christmas shopping yet?

post signature

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well, you're not alone! 2 of our radio stations have started playing Christmas music, and I've started listening :) Haven't gotten any Christmas shopping done yet, but we have 3 family birthdays that happen before that!

Anonymous said...

I'm normally just like you, super excited for the Christmas time. This year my grandmother is very ill & I'm finding it hard to get into the spirit. I must get on with it though, I have 2 kiddos and 1 of them is already so excited for Christmas.

That candle sounds like it would smell so good. I love BH&G candles.

Nicky said...

You may have just (slightly) got me in the mood for Christmas. And that button bouquet is adorable! ... love it.

ps... I'll admit we actually watched the movie, Elf today.

;-)
Nicky

Mandy said...

omg....i am so in the christmas mood too! i also have listened to christmas music and have marked quite a few gifts off my list. i have even wrapped a few things :O my goal is to be done shopping by the end of november!

DianeTaylor said...

I am so with you, Mandy. I may or may not have been listening to Christmas music for awhile now!! I may or may not have bought my first present for my son in August. And I am DEFINITELY going to see Trans Siberian Orchestra this coming Saturday in Philidelphia with my son to officially kick off my holiday (our 11th year seeing this amazing group together, its one of our traditions together). Love those buttons, sooooo cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...