Friday, October 21, 2011

{balance}

I've never been the biggest fan of Oprah, but I came across this quote from one of her magazines and it really spoke to me {and made me like her just a little bit more}...

"What I know for sure is that the only way to endure the quake is to adjust your stance. You can't avoid the daily tremors. They come with being alive. These experiences are really gifts that force us to step to the right or left in search of a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand. 


Balance lives in the present. The surest way to lose your footing is to focus on what dreadful things might happen. When you feel the earth moving, bring yourself back to the now. You'll handle whatever shake-up the next moment brings when you get to it. In this moment, you're still breathing. In this moment, you've survived. In this moment, you've found a new place to move your feet so you can step onto higher ground."

Here's to a balanced weekend and plenty of living in the now.

post signature

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've been following your blog for a little while now. Your boys are such little cuties btw.

This is a profound statement for me in my life right now. I need to remember this, and try to actually put this into practice.

Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...