Thursday, June 09, 2011

{to market}

 The weekend started early for us this week. I have today and tomorrow off of work, so we took advantage of the extra family time and took a short trip to our local Amish market.

We have a lot of Amish in our area and we love to visit this market for the charm and the very affordable prices on everything from deli meat and cheese to local produce and candy.

Here we are on the way...the boys were excited. :)




I even snuck one in of the hubby...he was excited on the inside. ;)

 
When we arrived we were greeted with lots of gorgeous hanging flower baskets. I would have loved to bring a few home...


Before we headed inside the boys wanted to say hi to the horses next door...cute fellas they were...



Then we finally headed inside the market and the first thing you see inside the door is a huge aisle of candy and various treats. The boys went right for the rock candy...


And Dan grabbed a bag of cinnamon gummy bears for me...he knows me well. 
This place has an amazing selection of spices, coffee mixes, flours, etc...


They even had a homemade coffee flavored peanut butter that I tested...and was super close to purchasing. Maybe on our next visit. 

On the way home the boys ate their rock candy while they fought sleep...{this trip cut a bit into their nap time}


Ben's candy was pink if you can't tell...


So do you want to see our haul? 


Yummy sesame sticks for the boys {and me...who am I kidding}, lemon cookies for my Dad, cheddar pretzels, two chocolate peanut butter whoopie pies for the boys, my cinnamon gummie bears, flax seed, and some red potatoes {at 75 cents a pound!}. We also got some deli meat and cheese. 


I don't know how much flax seed costs in the super market, but I'm figuring that $1.03 is a pretty darn good deal. I also don't know what to do with it. Anyone?


And at 60 cents a piece, these whoopie pies also made it into the cart. We're kind of smacking ourselves for only getting them for the boys. Oh the sacrifices we make as parents. ;)

So that was our fun little day trip today. Only a few miles away, the boys really enjoyed it, and we brought home some treats and items for the pantry. Who knows what adventures tomorrow will hold!

post signature

1 comment:

Liz said...

The boys are super cute. Re the flax seed, I add it to my oatmeal in the morning. If you grind it, you can add it to any baked item for a little nutrious boost.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...