Monday, April 25, 2011

{candy coma}

Happy Monday Friends! {I'm saying this with a tinge of sarcasm, but really, I'm trying to enjoy the day}

Just a little Easter recap today...the boys got to spend time with my parents and also my mother-in-law and the hubby's family, so needless to say they received, and ingested, A LOT of candy. I think more than they've eaten in their three years on this earth put together. Landon put down almost an entire large chocolate bunny sucker in one sitting. Yikes.

But kids can get away with that, so what the heck. :)

Here are a few pics from the weekend...

The boys in my parents' back yard...


With their papa...


Going through all of the loot in their Easter baskets...


Let the sugar ingestion commence!


Reading them a book on the porch swing...one of my favorite spots growing up...


And Easter morning they did a little egg hunt in our house {tooooo wet here to do one outside. Boo.} 





I put letter stickers on their eggs {B &L} so they would get an equal amount. They were really good about giving each other the eggs that weren't theirs. And I filled the larger ones with pretzels and teddy grahams. Those were actually a huge hit!


Ben dug in right away...

And a little tip for the parents...one pretzel + a Reese's pieces mini egg = heaven.in.your.mouth. :)
I forgot to take pictures at my mother-in-law's house, but there were plenty more candy filled eggs, lots of good food, and some Wii bowling to work off all of those extra calories. 

Hope you all had an equally great weekend!


2 comments:

cookievf said...

love the pics you take and the stories you share.. gonna try the pretzels & Reece's pieces! And egg hunts are fun no matter WHERE they take place :D
- vicki xo

julie king said...

your boys are so cute! love the pretzel and reeces idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...