Monday, October 25, 2010

{productive}

Happy Monday friends!

We had such a productive, family-filled weekend and boy did I ever need that! We got some great organizing and cleaning projects done around the house and I even had time to make lasagna for dinner last night. My husband is our designated chef, so it felt good to be domesticated for a change.

I hung up my Halloween banner that I made a few years back in our entryway last night and I love the cheer it adds and the festive welcome it brings...

photo

photo

photo

I originally made the banner to hang on our old front porch railing {sigh}. I miss that porch...

photo

We had one of my favorite family moments on that porch...the boys' first Halloween...

photo
Aren't they just the cutest?! I know...I'm a tad biased.

It was too long for my new purpose so I cut it in half and plan on hanging the rest outside the house on Halloween.

And in other semi-decorating news...we moved our desk into the soon-to-be family room last night. Since we don't have a rug for underneath it yet, and don't want to scratch the newly finished floors, my husband came up with a genius idea...

photo

Yes, those are infant socks. I knew it would pay off to keep some of those suckers.

How was your weekend? I'd love to hear about projects you completed, or live vicariously through those who did absolutely nothing and enjoyed every minute of it!

Linked up with...

2 comments:

Watkins35 said...

LOVE the Halloween bunting, so cute, and your porch looks like it was lovely.

Fab weekend thanks, went to a great Vintage Fair (blogged about my fab finds too :) ) and spent lots of quality time with Hubby, 'sigh', lovely. x

Heidi said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up! {brilliant idea without he baby socks!!}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...