Thursday, October 28, 2010

{happy toes}

So friends, I have a tough decision that I need some help with. In our soon-to-be family room, we will have two areas, which calls for two rugs (to protect those newly finished floors, remember?)

We already have this rug for our sofa/TV area...



And now we need to find a rug for our desk area. I'm leaning toward something solid in a shag (because shag rugs make my toes happy and hide graham cracker crumbs). Like this...

Here is a little mood board of our desk area to give you an idea of what the furniture and accessories will look like...




The desk is from Target, and purchased in our "cottage" days but it is a great piece so we will make it work. The chair we have is similar to the one pictured (from IKEA) but is a blonde wood instead of woven. We purchased the LACK shelf from IKEA to go over the desk and create a cohesive look with the chair. The artwork and accessories are items we already own, aside from the lamp. I plan on painting one we have a similar shade of green.

So what do you think...go with the ivory shag or maybe a darker shade like gray? Or go bold and pull out the green in the patterned rug? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

{katrina} said...

I say GO BOLD and go GREEN! :) I love green, so any excuse to use it is fine by me! :) Plus, it'll give that area a pop of color.

Watkins35 said...

love your work area. Hmmm, I suppose you could get away with an ivory if it's clean, shoeless feet on it, from experience I'm just thinking of playing with that lovely thick pile, otherwise, a grey or green would be lovely. It might be a case of waiting til the rest are all in place? x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...