Friday, August 13, 2010

{nostalgic}

Now that the boys are on the verge of moving into big boy beds, and they are anything but babies, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic (and OK, a tad weepy) thinking about their first nursery.

I loved it.

I guess every Mom would say that. It is the room you put your heart into decorating and the room that your little one (or ones in our case) sleep peacefully through the night (a mom can dream right?!).

So if you don't mind humoring me, I'm going to take a trip down memory lane and share the boys' nursery in our first home. Maybe some of my readers weren't around two years ago so this might be just as exciting for you! ;)

The room was actually my scrapbooking room when we found out I was pregnant... (yes I once had a room solely for the purpose of crafting. Sigh.)

photo

We turned it into this...

photo

The cozy brown walls...the modern but simple green bedding (which was from Walmart!)...it all just made me smile...

photo

The room had a very natural feel with lots of owls scattered around....

photo

photo

photo

This was an antique drying rack that I painted and used as a photo display. It is now in our family room being used for the same purpose...

photo

And here were the boys the first night they slept in the room (they were 1 month here). So hard to believe how tiny they were...

photo

So that's that.

Now I need to move onto the exciting world of toddler beds. And crazy little boys who will no longer be prisoners in their rooms at night.

Cue the action/adventure movie music


It should be an interesting ride.


9 comments:

Jill said...

How sweet are they? I love that room too and didn't remember that your bedding came from Walmart! I love it and it's fit so perfectly in that room! :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with for their big boy beds/bedding!

Shannon said...

Awww they're so teeny!! I love the room! I'm kinda jealous of that bedding, I couldn't find ANYTHING modern and cute that didn't cost a fortune.

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Well I'm getting ready to sell their crib skirts and one of the bumpers if you really like it. :)

mandie lane said...

Oh, my. I can see why you're weepy, look how teeny tiny they were! And the room was just so perfect. You've got so much style!

Pretty Zesty said...

What a cute desk!!! I want to color now. :o) Have a nice weekend.

Kelly said...

Love the room, and the sleeping baby picture :)

Joi said...

Um, I seriously love all the owls in that room. : )

Elise / Pennyweight said...

oh my!! so precious! love all of this... the owls are fantastic!

cb said...

what a beautiful room your boys have! i am a sucker for anything owl :D

xo,
cb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...