Friday, July 02, 2010

{vacation spot}

For all of you moms out there (and dads too...I don't discriminate), you know that the bathroom can be your one chance for a little vacation from the madness that is the terrible (and terrific) 2's. I thought I would give you a peek into my view when I have a few spare minutes to myself...

We were lucky and the previous owners did almost all of the work for us in this, our only, full bath. The beadboard, paint, and cabinets/fixtures were all their doing. At first the wall color was a little too bold for my liking, but it has definitely grown on me and now I love it.

Finding these towels really sealed the deal for me on keeping the color...

Posted Image

They are pretty darn perfect. And we found them at TJ Maxx. Score!

We have made a few other simple and affordable changes to the space. First on the list was replacing the leopard-like light shades...

New vanity shade by you.

with simple white ones...

Main bathroom by you.

The cabinet didn't have any knobs or pulls so we replaced them with these lovely green ones from Target (these were probably the most expensive purchase we've made for this room)





I've also incorporated some of my milk glass collection into the room. We have one piece that holds our toothbrushes and right now there is a little vase holding fresh flowers from our yard. (that is, until the cats discover them and have a little snack...)

100_5903 by you.

One of my favorite pieces in the room is this print from my friend Kelly...

100_5901 by you.

And of course every vacation spot needs some good reading material...

Bathroom reads by you.

We also added this simple shower curtain from Target... (I love the subtle ruffles)

new shower curtain by you.

And for now the wall opposite the vanity has these framed prints from our previous master bathroom...

Bathroom art by you.

My plan is to paint a floral design on this wall using chocolate brown paint...my version of a wall decal on a budget. These are a few designs I have in my inspiration file...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll be sure to post about the process once I find the time to get going on it.

Oh, and last but not least...remember the creepy vent cover?





I finally spray painted it, which helps to hide the freaky horse/dog heads quite nicely.



*patting myself on the back*

Oh, and you'll be seeing more of this wall color in our dining room...it is going to be making an appearance on the piano bench!

1 comment:

h.Lo said...

What a gorgeous bathroom! So glad you got that creepy vent cover taken care of too. It's just bizarre!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...