Friday, July 30, 2010

{make it work}

Any fellow Project Runway fans out there? I was super excited for a new season to start last night and it didn't disappoint (well...until the final judging but I've gotten pretty used to that.)

**If you haven't yet watched last night's episode please come back later - spoiler alert!**

The first challenge was quite a doozy - first of all to let the designers know that they weren't even a part of the show yet and that the first challenge was going to be the final round of auditions. Yikes! (but let's face it...it wasn't really much different from a first elimination, minus everyone moving into the house first.) But back to the challenge.

Making the designers take something out of their suitcase to design their first look with? Kind of boring...

Making them pass it to the person next to them...pretty darn funny. Especially for the guy who picked his $1,000 pair of pants that he hadn't even worn yet.

Let's face it...you deserved that one for having people call you Casanova.

Seriously? You aren't that famous yet buddy.

And you should have gone home for this monstrosity...



but of course you were saved because you are one of the quirky ones that will get people to watch.

Of course one of my favorite looks was the one to be eliminated....



Sure the top is a little mis-proportioned, but I loved the overall idea of the dress. Was it the worst of the bunch? Heck no. Although that hot pink bag is really unfortunate.

The winner was ho hum for me...cute but didn't make me smile walking down the runway.



I think it is the graduated hemline that is throwing me off. It would be much cuter all one length in my humble non-fashion-designer opinion.

A few of the others that caught my attention...

Not a fan of this design but I was impressed that a three piece outfit could be created in 5 hours...



Very cute and wearable dress...



The uniqueness of this design caught my eye...



I thought this was adorable and if I had legs like this girl I would definitely be sporting it...



What were your thoughts on the show? Who would have been your winner and who would have been out?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...