Monday, June 28, 2010

{safe}

I'm tired of playing it safe.

I'm not getting anywhere being afraid of trying new things.

of branching out...

I need to laugh at myself more.

I need to use more color.


This photos of my newly married (!!!) friend Laura and her husband Chad is inspiring me today.

In my clothing...

my home...

my life.

Color isn't just about what we see. Its also about how we feel.

Colorful moments are happy, joyful, emotion-filled.

My boys are helping me to break free from my safe ways. They show me a life free of the fears that have plagued me for so long. I know that God gave them to me so I could become a better person. One that takes chances with her heart. One that fills her life with colorful moments.

We took the boys to the park playground over the weekend, and I went down the slides with them, and walked across the platforms.

Heights aren't my friend.

But somehow holding Ben's hand took away all of my fear. And those slides are such fun colors.



What freeing moments those were.

And as soon as I get some free minutes, I'm painting my piano bench in the dining room.

Turquoise.

That should be a good start...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

i'm inspired! thank you :)

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Children are freeing, aren't they? I can't wait to follow my daughter on the monkey bars some day.

Turquoise sounds like a beautiful start!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...