Tuesday, May 04, 2010

{23 months}

The boys are a month away from being 2 years old.

A MONTH!

You hear every parent say how quickly the time goes by but you never understand just how quickly until you have children of your own. Now don't get me wrong...the first year did not go by quickly for us...boy was that a crazy year.

But this past year...seriously. Where did it go?

This time last year we had just moved into our new house and the boys looked like this...







And now they are little men...

102_5702 by you.

Who love to play the guitar while doing their best John Meyer impression (broom sticks are suitable replacements)

102_5700 by you.

And think they are pretty hot stuff (their momma has to agree)

102_5707 by you.

and who have minds of their own (this one decided he had enough of the picture taking)

102_5711 by you.

while this one decided he wanted to pose for some cheesy shots with me... (good Lord that's a lot of teeth!)

102_5714 by you.

But they are still small enough to cuddle...

ben in blanket4 by you.

even with their daddy...

dan and landon by you.

(sorry babe - I know you like to be incognito but this one was too cute not to share)

I'm so excited for their 2nd birthday but the realization that they are REALLY no longer babies is hitting hard now. I'm OK with that for the most part. But there are times when it hits me just how big they are and I realize that we will never have those baby days again.

But then I get to cuddle with my nephew Noah...

Cool dude by you.

And that's all I needed to remember just how fun every stage of their lives are, and how much I'm really enjoying this one. They are my little men and boy do I love them.

6 comments:

Valentina Harper said...

Your boys are so big! I *LOVE* the faces :)

mandie lane said...

You are SO blessed. What adorable little men they are!

Jenna said...

They just get cuter by the day! I can't believe how much they are changing and what little personalities they are developing! :)

Carla said...

I can't believe they're almost TWO! They have changed so much and I love their little personalities!

DianeTaylor said...

Holy Toledo - this can't be! They are becoming such little men, you can really see their personalities coming out! Are you planning a theme already for a 2 year bd party?

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

I know Diana - it is crazy how fast the past year went! Their party theme this year will be "rock stars" :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...