Friday, November 13, 2009

{10 years}

On November 13, 1999, the hubs and I had our first date. We went to our local park and sat on the swings. We walked over to the pond and watched the ducks swim around the calm water. It was an unseasonably warm day for November in Indiana.

We didn't talk much. That's how our first few dates went - lots of quiet. But in that quiet, there was a shared feeling that we had found something really special. Both of us knew we had found our partner for life.

I'm feeling quite sentimental today about this anniversary. One whole decade of anything is a lot when you are only three decades old (plus one year, but who's counting?) And what a decade it has been! Dating for four years, married for six. Two apartments, two houses, two baby boys! Countless ups and downs, laughter and tears.

He is so much a part of me now that I don't remember who Mandy was before she had Dan. And now that we have our boys, that feeling has only multiplied. His family took me in as their own and I could have never imagined what a blessing that has turned out to be. Everywhere I look there are people that love me and support me. I'm one lucky gal!

Just for fun, here is a pic of Dan and I from fall of '99 when we first started dating...



Oh to be 19 and 21 again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...