Wednesday, October 28, 2009

{taking the long way}

One of the many things that I love about our new house is that I can drive through the park to go to work every day. It isn't exactly the "long way" but it is definitely a much more relaxed drive than taking the main road with all of the stop lights and traffic (well, traffic in small town Indiana anyway).

I decided the other day on my way home to document my drive with my new cell phone camera. Don't worry - I was going about 15 miles per hour, and watching out for pedestrians, squirrels, ducks (our park has quite a big family of them), and of course other cars.

So here we go...this is the pretty tree I see as I enter the park. I love how it stands all by itself on top of the hill. I noticed yesterday that it is starting to turn a lovely shade of yellow...



There are lots of pretty trees this time of year...



The pond - see the ducks?



I love this winding road - it dips down and you are surrounded by trees...



Coming back up the hill...



The last stretch...



And I couldn't leave out our lovely neighborhood...



And I'm home!



When I'm having a rough day, this drive always helps me to feel a bit more refreshed, and closer to God.

4 comments:

Angela said...

so pretty!

Ker said...

Oh, wow! That is simply amazing! I love the 2nd to last photo - the composition of the photograph is amazing, especially considering you took the pics with a cell phone. What kind of phone do you have?

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

My phone is an LG Lotus - usually the photos aren't quite as clear as that one. I also did some editing in flickr before posting these. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...