Tuesday, October 27, 2009

{pumpkins, goats and caramel apples}

This past Sunday we finally had nice weather and a free afternoon to take the boys to the orchard. The hubs needed some much deserved alone time, so my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and I bundled the boys up and headed down the road, literally. I had never been to this orchard, but it is only about 5 minutes from our house, so we decided to check it out.

It definitely didn't disappoint. There were goats to feed, pet, and be scared of, cider slush and caramel apples to devour, and lots of pumpkins to run around. (that was definitely the boys' favorite part.)

Landon checking out the cute goat - I don't think either were sure of the other...



The black goat enjoying an audience...



Next we checked out the gift shop. Ben held onto the cinnamon apple jelly we bought for Grandpa...



Landon was ready to go back outside...



The pumpkins inspired me to try an artsy photo...



Joyce enjoying a pear...



My almost entirely gone caramel apple. Yummiest thing I've eaten in quite awhile...



Grandma and Auntie took the boys to play in the pumpkins...



Looking for the perfect one...



Still looking...





Wait! I think I found one!



Here it is!



Let's measure it!



Landon found a perfect gourd...



Showing off his treasure...



And when we got home, they played in the leaves Daddy had raked while we were gone...





What a great fall day!

2 comments:

Riggins Family Blog said...

Very sweet :) Seems like life is good for you and your boys. Have a happy and safe halloween. I'm looking forward to seeing the costumes!!

Jenna said...

Looks like the boys had a lot of fun!! I can't believe how big they're getting. I love the one of Ben in the leaves :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...