Wednesday, August 05, 2009

{goodbye}

My Granddaddy, Landon Osborne, passed away last night. He was so tough, and hung on for longer than we thought he would. But he just couldn't do it any longer, and I'm relieved that he is no longer suffering. I will miss him so much, and am so glad that I have my own Landon to remind me of him.

Here he is with my Grandmother on their wedding day, September 14, 1947. Weren't they just a lovely couple?

And here we are the day I told them I was pregnant. I just want to squeeze him, he was so cute!



And here he is with my Landon last summer. Such a sweet moment.



Love you and miss you Granddaddy!

6 comments:

sandra said...

I'm so very sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.

Unknown said...

Such beautiful pictures, Mandy. What a wonderful man. :hug

Angela said...

So sorry for your loss MB. :hug

DianeTaylor said...

What a sweet post - God Bless your grand dad, he sounded like an amazing person. Hugs to you, Mandy :)

Jill said...

It's so hard to lose a family member and I can't even imagine the emotions that develope now with your kids involved in their lives. How sweet is that they actually got to meet their granddaddy and spend time with him! Those pictures you will forever cherish! I'm so sorry.

mandie lane said...

Mandy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. I'm sure knowing your beautiful boys was such a blessing to him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...