Monday, May 18, 2009

{sobbing and smiling}

I did a lot of both of those things this weekend. One thing I've learned since the boys came into our lives...a day can go from "just shoot me now" to "can life get any better?" in a matter of hours.

Friday was a bad day all around. Water heater broken. Cold shower. Landon having potty issues and an awful diaper rash. I couldn't get him to sleep that night so I literally held him from 10 pm until 7 am when the hubs got home from work. Horrid night for L and Momma. Needless to say I was physically and mentally exhausted and since the hubs had to go to bed, that meant I had both of the boys on my own until at least noon. I did quite a bit of sobbing off and on that morning. A definite "just shoot me now" moment.

Then MIL saved the day...went to her house to get a hot shower. Heaven. She took Ben out for awhile, Landon napped, hubs got some more needed rest. Dining room walls received more paint and are almost complete! Got a few more organization tasks and decorating projects done. Including this one...

This vintage drying rack used to hang in the boys' nursery in the old house, but I decided to put it in the family room and use it as a photo display. It works pefectly with magnets and I love the mix of new and old family photos, and of course my button M that I made a few years ago. I hung it using an old glass knob and a fabric measuring tape I found in my Grandma's sewing box.




And here is a sneak peak of the dining room wall color...


I'm now obsessed with finding curtains for that room. As much as I would like to do something unique and different, I'll probably go with my faithful white panels that go with everything.

Sunday was a complete turn around from Saturday. A full night's sleep and happy boys in the morning. L was feeling much better thank goodness. That awful diaper rash was freaking me out!

It was a day of lots of firsts and exciting moments for me. L stood up without using anything to pull himself up! That was a definite jaw dropping moment for me. Both boys are clapping now, and they both did it when I said the word "clap"...it is so exciting to see them recognizing words like that. AND they both drank from a straw! It is so amazing to see how quickly they are picking up on things. Lots of great stuff was written down in their baby books yesterday. :)

The countdown to L&B's 1st birthday is getting shorter and shorter! 13 days and counting!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...