Tuesday, April 21, 2009

{whew!}

Well, we moved into the new digs this past weekend. Overall, I must say that it went pretty well. My emotions were a wreck, and still are a bit, but logistically it was great. We found two young guys to help us move all the furniture and heavy stuff and a coworker loaned me a ton of boxes from her recent move. It all just fell into place. The boys even slept well the first night...let us sleep in until 8 on Sunday morning which is pretty much unheard of around the Ford house these days.

Last night and this morning were a little rocky, mostly because we brought our last two family members of the feline variety to the new house. I forgot how traumatic a move is for cats. We only have one cat carrier so we picked up Chloe first (Dan had the honors on that one) and I went back to get Melvin after the boys had their bedtime bottles. He did not want to go...I had to put the pet carrier on its end and basically dump him in head first. Sorry Melvin...it was for your own good!

Once we got them home, they moaned and cried pretty much all night. I think they felt a little bit like this....


They roamed from room to room, checking out the closets and other little nooks. We had a hard time finding Chloe this morning... finally found her sleeping next to their litter box in the closet. Familiar territory? LOL :) Hopefully they will be better tonight...poor things.

I wish I had some photos to share but life has been way too hectic for photo taking. The house is coming together though, and as soon as I get some actual decorating done you can be sure I'll be sharing a plethora of pics. :)

Oh, and we have the inspsection on the old house today so please say a little prayer for us that it goes well! *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

Jill said...

Poor guys... I can only imagine what our cat would do if we moved. He would probably start peeing everywhere again! Ugh!

Anyway, I can't wait to see pictures of your new place and with all of your things! I'm sure the boys rooms look amazing!

Kelly Clements said...

I started following your blog after your nursery was posted to project nursery. I love reading it! Can't wait to see how you decorate the new house! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...