Friday, February 20, 2009

{translation}

So I'm posting what I'm wearing for the 3rd day in a row. Mostly because I'm excited to be wearing the third and final new necklace I just bought from Forever 21. And I guess also because there is a little bit of narcissist in all of us.

I had to rush to get dressed this morning, but I was determined to wear it, so this is what I came up with from what I could find quickly in my closet.


Black tee from Walmart, teal cardigan from Elder Beerman (its maternity...shhh :), grey pants from JCPenney (also maternity...double shhhh) and black suede flats that I really love from Elder Beerman...they have the cutest scalloped detail.





{And as a side note, I don't know how this cardigan could be considered "maternity." It barely covered my belly for the first few months. I wear it more now than I ever did when I was pregnant. And these pants are really cute so I still wear them...the elastic waist is super comfy and helps hide the baby bloat I'm still trying to lose}

So back to my ensemble...I thought it would be fun today to do a "what would this outfit look like as a room" post, in honor of Domino magazine. I always thought it was so interesting to see how they translated an outfit into an interior design. So here is what I think my outfit today would look like as a room...in a few different choices because I couldn't pick just one. :)

I think this kitchen is my favorite...the chandelier is a great translation of my necklace, and the stainless steel echos my grey pants.


This is just about the most chic office ever.


And this bedroom is so tranquil. I love the simplicity of the accessories.


I might try to do this once a week with my outfits...kind of fun I think. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Ms. Tee said...

How fun! I've never seen the "outfit translated as a room" before, but you picked out the perfect ones. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...