Thursday, October 02, 2008

{blessed moments}

I'm not sure if most of my readers know this, but my hubby works the night shift. Makes for a hard life with two babies, but we are getting through day by day. On most nights that means that I'm on my own putting the boys to bed. One of them is usually asleep by the time he goes to work which makes it pretty easy on me. Last night they were both wide awake though, which kind of freaks me out even though I've had 4 months of practice. They were both fussy, but Ben was hungry so I had to tend to him first. Landon had to chill in the bouncer while Ben got a bottle and he wasn't happy about it. He quietly fussed for about a half hour and slowly started to give in to sleep. At one point he was completely quiet so I looked over and he had his eyes barely open, staring at me. It was a very sweet moment for me, sitting there feeding one of my boys and staring into the tired, innocent eyes of his brother. In that moment I was able to let go of my fear and realize how blessed I am. I have two beautiful sons who are starting to interact with me and show me the love and affection that I show to them. These moments are going to go by so quickly and I want to remember every little detail.

2 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

Awww, that is so sweet. I know they are hard, but I do miss those days. :)
And congratulations on your photo being in Cottage Living -wow!

Valentina Harper said...

That is soo sweet! Melts my heart :)
Oooh yeahh.. congrats for the Cottage Living photo! That is really cool

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...