Monday, October 01, 2007

{its the most wonderful time of the year}

OK, I know that is from a Christmas song, but I really think that October is the most wonderful, beautiful, cozy and lovely time of the year. I could probably blog every day during this month about how much I love it and never get tired of talking about it (although I would probably lose the few readers I already have out of sheer boredom) LOL :)

This year, Dan and I get to take a whole week of vacation together for our anniversary which is such a luxury for us. I finally have a job that isn't super busy in October and Dan was able to get his vacation time in which isn't always an easy thing. We're taking off to Chicago next week and I'm so excited. Not only will we be staying downtown to celebrate our 4 year anniversary, but we will also get to spend some time with Dan's aunt and uncle who are a blast to stay with, AND we will be buying our new kitchen cabinets at IKEA! I'm so nervous that we aren't going to get everything we need while we're there, but hopefully it will go smoothly and we'll get home with all the necessary bits and pieces (and they will all fit in our car! *fingers crossed*)

Dan was able to take 2 weeks of vacation so he is off this week too. It was much needed...he works the night shift and it is a very physically and mentally demanding job. We've been looking for a new job for him for some time now, so if you could send your positive thoughts and new job vibes our way, it would be much appreciated!

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Lucky you and you hubby!! Me and my hubby were trying to get to Chicago this year to go watch the Bears play but, it looks like that will have to wait!! Have tons of fun!! And happy 4 years!!

Jen Kershner said...

Ikea! I'm so jealous. I've only been once but I could seriously get lost there for an entire weekend. I hope you enjoy Chicago. It is one of my favorite cities!

scrapperjen said...

Have a great weekend! There's lots to do, as you know.
Happy anniversary!

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated #20 yesterday. October is my favorite month too. I really miss my Ohio Fall's though. DOn't get much of a Fall here in FL. Have a great time in Chicago.

Monkey said...

I love IKEA and October!! There's just something about October.

Melissa said...

wow how cool! you have going to have a blast :) cant wait to see pictures

Happy Anniversary

milkcan said...

Sending lots of new job vibes your way! Have fun with your hubby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...