Sunday, September 23, 2007

*sweet* ending

So I had a very tiring weekend...had to be at work from 2-7:30 on Saturday and 8-4 today for special meetings. It was good and I learned quite a bit, but still not fun to be doing on the weekend.

I did sneak in some fun though. Yesterday morning Joyce (my mother-in-law) and I checked out the Everrett Festival, which is a fairly new fall festival in our historic train depot neighborhood. It was a small fair, but tons of fun. I picked up a bunch of cute mini pumpkins, a hobnail milkglass lampshade ---that I turned upside down and used for a bowl--->


and a really cool tray thingy that used to be a part of a food drying rack. It has metal grating on it so I'm going to hang it in the kitchen or my scrapbook room and use it with mangnets as a memo board. :)

I also got some much needed scrapbook time in tonight and got two fall pages done with pics of the fun fall decor I have around the house. I can't put into words how much I love fall, and autumn themed scrapbook stuff. Scenic Route has some gorgeous papers/stickers/chipboard out this year that I used on these two pages. There is also a little Love, Elsie thrown in.




I did these two pages on the front and back of the same sheet of paper. I don't normally do that, but both sides were too pretty to waste one!

I'm wishing tomorrow wasn't Monday and the start of another work week, but trying to find the positives in the mundane everyday tasks of life. Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Love the lampshade, and how you flipped it over!! And those little pumpkins, love them too..I need to pick some up myself!! Love the scrappies!! I hate how the weekends fly by too!!

Heather said...

ooh i saw your layouts on sis and that they were so cute. great topic and colors.

Noelia said...

Great idea to do a back to back LO. They turned out great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...