Monday, June 11, 2007

{emotional day}

Sunday was full of so many emotions that we were all exhausted by the end of the day. I went with Mom and Dad to Aunt Vicki's ordination in Lexington. It was so fun to see Grandmother and Grandaddy, the cousins and Aunt Vicki and Uncle Herb. The service was lovely and it was so nice to see Aunt Vicki so happy. Once the service ended and we headed downstairs for the reception, Mom and Dad had a message on their cell phone, and it was from the funeral home. Grandma passed away during the ordination. While we were giving thank to God for Aunt Vicki's accomplishments, he was welcoming Grandma into heaven. I've never felt such a range of emotions within a few hours. Thanks to everyone who has kept my family in their thoughts and prayers. We are all sad, but relieved that Grandma is at peace now and reunited with Grandpa. Here is the only photo I was able to gather everyone together for yesterday...and of course my eyes are shut. Oh well...:)


**Updated** Great news! I got a new job!!! I haven't posted anything about my interviews because I wasn't sure who was reading my posts. I'm so excited...it will be a nice pay raise and I'm really happy with the position. :)

4 comments:

domestic goddess said...

just seen you photo on 2 peas and just wanted to send hugs your way xxx

scrapperjen said...

HUGS to you and your family. Congrats on the new job.

april said...

congrats on the new job! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

fioretta said...

Hugs to you, congrats on the new job! I'm sorry to hear your grandma passed, and I hope you and are family are doing well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...