Monday, April 09, 2007

{blah}

Well, its Monday morning and I definitely have a huge case of the "blah's". Yesterday was Easter, and while I enjoyed a wonderful meal with my family, it was a rough day for me. I went to visit my Grandma for the first time in her new place. My parents moved her to a nursing home down the street from them so they could take better care of her. My Grandma has always been a difficult person to deal with, and in a lot of ways has never been a fully developed adult emotionally. But, from my point of view, she is my Grandma that always has a big hug and a kiss for me, and loves to get presents and pictures from me. Seeing her in there, so unhappy and lonely, was tough for me. My poor Dad is doing the best he can do take care of her, but nothing is good enough for her. She has been very mean to him and my Mom over the past week, and I can't imagine how hard that is to deal with. However unrealistic it is, I want to keep my pristine image of her in my head, of the Grandma that always had my favorite cereal and juice for breakfast, who put out our pastel striped towels in the bathroom when we visited, and who always smelled like hand cream. She was never and will never be the Grandma that I can have a heart to heart talk with or count on for great advice, but I love her all the same. I hope that in the next few weeks, she will settle in, make some friends, and adjust to her new home.

2 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

It is sad to see those whom we have 'frozen' in our minds, getting older and needing assistance. Hugs from someone who has been there too.

Melissa said...

((hugs)) I cant imagine how hard that must be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...