Tuesday, August 08, 2006

B-day Recap



So I'm 28 now...and I guess I don't feel that much different. For some reason this b-day hit me kind of hard...just feel like my life isn't where I thought it would be at 28. Definitely thought I would be a Mom by now, and be more settled into a career (Dan too). But...the more I think about it, I'm really not ready to be a Mom yet and I have to find a way to be OK with that and just be happy with the way things are right now. I know I compare my life way too much to those around me and think I should be where they are, even though everyone's circumstances are different. My Mom had me and my sister by my age...I can't imagine myself with two children! Anyway...I'm trying to be comfortable in my own life and focus on that. :)

Had a great weekend...being married gets you even more b-day celebrations! :) Dan's Mom made me dinner on Friday night...steaks and corn on the cob..mmmm!! On Saturday, my parents took us out to dinner at Red Lobster....more mmmmm!!! Then on Sunday, Dan and I went out of town, did some shopping, and had dinner at Corinno's...loooove that place! If you haven't tried it, go now and get the bow tie festival pasta...soooo good! Dan got me the CD I had been wanting by The Fray and a cute green leather case for my mp3 player. He even made me a cute homemade card with a picture of us on the front...so sweet!

All in all it was a great b-day and I feel very blessed to have a wonderful family to share it with.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! sounds like you had an awesome time :)

Valerie said...

YAY for so many birthday celebrations!! So happy you had an awesome time!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...